This is one of the first flavor combinations we created. It is named for the colors of the flag although we use tomato, plain and garlic-parsley flavors. It is indeed a colorful dish with a ton of possible variations and what we love about it is the simplicity in the preparation versus the zing of flavor and color!
Mafaldine can be a touch fussy to work with. If it is overcooked the curly edges may start to break away so do keep an eye on your pasta boil!
- 1 pound Flour City Pasta Italian Flag Mafaldine
- 1 cup salad dressing (Greek, Italian or Balsamic)
- 1 Cucumber, sliced and quartered
- 12 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- Bring several quarts of water to boil. Add mafaldine and cook al dente (about 6 minutes)
- Drain and rinse with cool water.
- Add cucumber and salad dressing
- Serve with feta cheese sprinkled on top.